Scenery.cfg

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Avidean

Scenery.cfg

Post by Avidean »

Where has the scenery.cfg been moved to in V3
I previous versions I believe it was in the main P3D folder
Martyson

Re: Scenery.cfg

Post by Martyson »

I have it here:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Avidean

Post by Avidean »

Thanks, That where it is alright! :-)
Avidean

Post by Avidean »

Pertaining to the .cfg files in C:/ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D V3 where they all originally in the Main Prepar3D folder in V2.4? I am trying to install Earth Simulations scenery in V3. The last version of the sim that ES was compatible with was V2.4

If I am correct basically the installer installs the scenery files to the designated path and makes entries to the appropriate .cfg files like scenery.cfg, effects.cfg etc.

I can can determine where those files where in V2.4 and then temporarily move them for the install in V3 will that work?
After the install I would them back to there V3 locations.

I have already tried this with the scenery.cfg file but I am still getting an error message that a Root element is missing.

Prior to moving scenery.cfg the message was accompanied by a message telling me that the missing element was indeed scenery.cfg but this time it is not telling which root element is missing!

So as stated if I can get a list of the V2.4 locations of .cfg's pertinent to installing scenery I might be able to make this work :-)
daniloraisi

Post by daniloraisi »

Avidean wrote:Pertaining to the .cfg files in C:/ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D V3 where they all originally in the Main Prepar3D folder in V2.4? I am trying to install Earth Simulations scenery in V3. The last version of the sim that ES was compatible with was V2.4

If I am correct basically the installer installs the scenery files to the designated path and makes entries to the appropriate .cfg files like scenery.cfg, effects.cfg etc.

I can can determine where those files where in V2.4 and then temporarily move them for the install in V3 will that work?

I have already tried this with the scenery.cfg file but I am still getting an error message that a Root element is missing.

Prior to moving scenery.cfg the message was accompanied by a message telling me that the missing element was indeed scenery.cfg but this time it is not telling which root element is missing!

So as stated if I can get a list of the V2.4 locations of .cfg's pertinent to installing scenery I might be able to make this work :-)
Have you tried the migration tool from Flightsim Estonia? It creates fake folders to FSX, Prepar3D v1 and v2. I get some of my addons, designed to P3D v2, working using this way.
Best regards,
Danilo Raisi (SBSP)

---------------
Win10 64bit, Dell Inspiron 15 5548, i7 @ 4x2,80GHz, 16GB DDR3, AMD Radeon R7 M265 2GB (1x 1366x768), 1x SSD 480GB, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, P3Dv3.1
DukeSan27

Post by DukeSan27 »

Avidean wrote:Pertaining to the .cfg files in C:/ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D V3 where they all originally in the Main Prepar3D folder in V2.4? I am trying to install Earth Simulations scenery in V3. The last version of the sim that ES was compatible with was V2.4

I think the 2.4 files are in the roaming folder.

However I don't think you can just copy the files over. You should compare them visually and see which entries are extra in your 2.4 and then make those entries in 3.0.

You might also want to make the entries using the command line:
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningC ... ation.html
Win10 / 7900X@4.7 / 32GB / 2x1080Ti SLI / 3x 4K 40" Samsung
Orbx FTX Global Base + Vector + FS Global + UTX USA
REX Texture Direct + AS2016 + ASCA
Saitek X56 + Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals
Avidean

Post by Avidean »

Actually, I just copied the configs into the Main P3D Folder and Installed.
I then compared each one to the originals in the ProgramData File.
They where all Identical except Scenery.config which I replaced with now
Earth simulation modified scenery.cfg in the Main folder and deleted it from the
main folder.

I flow over an scenery and it looks like the autogen is a lot sparser than I remember it
being and Some of the custom autogen textures where missing. (Black Buildings)

So all in all it seems that its not quite right.

I do have the estonia tool but there seems to be mixed views on it.
so I haven't used it yet for anything V3. ES Isle of Man is the first thing
I have tried to install in V3 that is not officially supported.